Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Training Updates & A New Instagram

"I've learned that finishing a marathon isn't just an athletic achievement. It's a state of mind; a state of mind that says anything is possible."

-John Hanc, running writer


                                  

Today began week 3 of training for the NYC half on March 16th!  So far I've kept up with my 3 runs per week and strength training, but haven't done as much spinning or yoga as I'd like.  I try to plan my runs around the weather so I can do all my training outside, but this week is looking like it's going to be too snowy and cold for much outdoor running. The picture above was after 6.25 miles of speed work on a treadmill- blah!  I did a 2 mile warm up and then alternated between a 7:47 mile pace for 0.5 miles and a 9:13 mile pace for 0.25 miles 6 times. 

                                 
 

If you haven't donated already don't forget I'm still fundraising for Team Livestrong!  CLICK HERE TO DONATE

Not sure how much to give, and looking for a creative, meaningful number?  As of today I have completed 40 miles of training!!!


Also I have created a separate Instagram account- @instalifetraining to share fitness and nutrition tidbits!  Please follow :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment